Photos updated March 2017
Here is another little easter treat for you all! I had never even heard of bunny bait until a friend of mine brought it to our kid’s daycare/preschool party last year. (This is the same friend who introduced me to the fabulous pizza dip– she has good taste!) I put a little on my plate to try it out, then I had to keep going up to the food table to get more. It is so addicting! I even brought a little home for my husband, who missed out on the party. He immediately wanted more! I have definitely made this for movie nights with the sibs and just to have as a treat in the house. It is amazing. Something about the sweet and salty mixture is unreal.
Bunny bait seems to be a big hit on pinterest this year. So, I looked around at different recipes to get the idea of the basic recipe. This is a cinch! I prefer to pop my own popcorn, because that is always what we have on hand. But, you are more than welcome to use a butter-less microwave bag! This is an easy recipe to throw together for upcoming easter parties or for little treats for your kids! Regardless, it will be a crowd pleaser!
Island Bakes Original
- 2 cups rice or corn chex
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 ounces unpopped popcorn (or similar in size butter-less microwaveable popcorn)
- 8 ounces white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 bag easter M&M's
- rainbow sprinkles
- Have ready a large baking sheet.
- Pop the popcorn kernels (or microwave bag) and place in a large bowl. Mix in the chex and pretzel sticks. Melt the white chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet. While the melted chocolate is still soft, sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles over the mixture and the bag of m&m's. Let sit until the chocolate has hardened.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight bag at room temperature for 4-5 days.