Photos updated June 2016.
I think I may be a really strange person. I seem to not like a lot of things that most everyone likes. Brownies included. I mean really, who doesn’t like brownies? Oh yeah, I don’t. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some chocolate, but in a different form. Until I met these chewy, fudgy triple chocolate brownies.
These brownies changed me over to the dark side. Or maybe the right side? These chewy, fudgy triple chocolate brownies are moist, delicious and have three different kinds of chocolate in them! Win-win! These would be perfect for a bake sale… Or in the tin on your counter…
Recipe from Annie’s Eats
- 10 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 16 Tablespoons butter, cut into quarters
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil, then spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined, about 15 seconds. Whisk in the warm chocolate mixture until incorporated. Then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing off the top with a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Transfer the brownies to a cutting board by lifting the foil out of the pan. Cut into squares as desired. Store in an air-tight container.
*This recipe can easily be reduced by half in an 8x8 inch pan, without the cooking time changing.