Happy first day of June! We ended May and brought in June with beautiful, hot days! I dragged the kiddie pool out for the kids and I couldn’t keep them out of it all day yesterday! I think they are just as excited as I am to be outside. We all went a little crazy from being cooped up in the house for weeks on end.
Today’s sunny day consists of sandbox playing (for the kids of course) and working in the garden my family shares. Maybe I can manage to get rid of my winter “tan”…. which is more of a ghost look! Ha.
I thought I would share with you all a wonderful recipe in joy of this beautiful weather! These cookie dough brownies are absolutely amazing. The combination of chocolate and cookie dough? Genius! They are definitely difficult to only eat one. I get so excited when I realize that I have a pan of these babies sitting in the fridge. Rich, moist brownies with a top layer of cookie dough that you could eat with a spoon! Yes please!
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
For the brownie
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the cookie dough
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- To prepare the brownies, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil. Lightly grease the foil with spray oil or butter.
- n a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second increments, whisking after each, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the melted chocolate until just combined. On low speed, add the flour and mix until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To prepare the cookie dough, beat the butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- When the brownie layer is completely cool, spread the cookie dough over the top in an even layer. Refrigerate the brownies until firm, about an hour. Store the brownies in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.