These Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies are rich in chocolate with a smooth peppermint taste, rolled in crackled sugar and topped with a white chocolate peppermint kiss. These make great, easy holiday cookies that would be perfect for gifting.
Are you a kiss cookie fan? How can you not be when they’re so cute? These Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies are a holiday twist on the classic peanut butter kiss cookie. They are wonderfully soft with a refreshing mint flavor. The chocolate cookie dough is rolled in sugar to give it that beautiful crackle finish. And of course, we can’t forget the white chocolate peppermint kisses!
These Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies come together rather quickly. Especially if you enlist little hands to help roll the cookies in the sugar! These cookies would be perfect for gifting to your neighbors and loved ones. With their festive flavors and colors, they will bring a smile to everyone.
What you’ll need to make the Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- espresso powder
- kosher salt
- granulated sugar
- peppermint extract
- unsalted butter
- vegetable, canola or another tasteless oil
- white chocolate candy cane kisses- I used Hershey kisses
How to make Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
Start with preheating your oven and lining a few baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Then, mix in the oil, egg and peppermint extract until combined.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and espresso powder. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the flour mixture. Beat on high speed until completely smooth, about 45 seconds to a minute.
Next, scoop the cookies into small rounds, about 1-2 tablespoons each, and roll in granulated sugar to coat. Knock off any excess and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing a few inches apart. Repeat until all the cookie batter is gone.
Bake the cookies until the tops begin to crack. Remove from the oven and immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie, gently pressing down to secure. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets.
Notes & tidbits
The Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies will last for about 5 days stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
For the finishing touches
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- white chocolate candy cane kisses
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium-high speed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed and mix in the egg, oil and peppermint extract. Increase speed and mix until completely combined, about 45 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, espresso powder and cocoa powder. With the mixer on low speed, mix the dry mixture into the butter mixture. Mix just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Place the rolling sugar in a small bowl. Scoop the cookie batter into 1-2 tablespoon rounds. Roll the cookie rounds in the sugar, making sure to coat and knocking off any excess. Place the sugared cookie rounds on the prepared baking sheet, spacing a few inches apart.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until the tops just begin to crack, rotating pans half way through cooking. Cookies will still be quite soft.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press an unwrapped white chocolate candy cane kiss into the center of each cookie, gently pressing down. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets.
Store cookies once cooled, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149
Nutritional information is only an estimate.