This Chocolate Whiskey Tart is incredibly simple and deliciously creamy. This no bake dessert is also completely refined sugar free! With only honey as a sweetener, this will appease everyone at the table. You can go from start to eating within a few hours. Simple, ultra creamy and a little boozy.
Chocolate just goes with everything it seems. Whiskey included. This chocolate whiskey tart is really quite simple. It only takes 6 ingredients and it’s refined sugar free! I used honey as a sweetener. Of course the decorative powdered sugar lines on the top are not, but that is totally optional and not necessary. This chocolate tart has all the easy boxes checked- no bake, sugar free, and minimal time required. I call that a win win!
This simple tart is incredibly creamy with a thick chocolate ganache that chills to the perfect consistency for slicing. I used a honey flavored whiskey to pair nicely with the honey sweetener- in return they compliment each other beautifully. A honey sweetened graham cracker crust acts as a simple, thick vessel for the chocolate whiskey filling. This tart is wonderfully boozy, perfectly smooth and can be eaten within a few hours of making.
Gather your ingredients for the Chocolate Whiskey Tart
- graham cracker crumbs
- unsalted butter
- semi sweet chocolate
- heavy cream
- whiskey- I used a honey flavored whiskey
Let’s make it!
Start with making the crust. Whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and honey. Press evenly into a tart pan with a removable bottom. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
To make the chocolate filling, warm the heavy cream, honey and whiskey in a small pot over low heat until barely simmering. Pour over the chocolate that has been chopped. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and is completely smooth. Pour the chocolate ganache into the crust, smoothing the top. Place back in the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate has set, a few hours or overnight.
See? Totally simple and absolutely divine! It is so addictingly creamy that you’ll want to go back for another slice. If you don’t care to be completely sugar free with this Chocolate Whiskey Tart, then feel free to dust the top with powdered sugar before serving.
Notes & tidbits
This refined sugar free chocolate tart will last for several days, well wrapped in the refrigerator. So it can definitely be made in advance.
Chocolate Whiskey Tart
This Chocolate Whiskey Tart is incredibly simple and deliciously creamy. This dessert is also completely refined sugar free! With only honey as a sweetener, this will appease everyone at the table. You can go from start to eating within a few hours. Simple, ultra creamy and a little boozy.
For the crust
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
For the filling
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup honey whiskey
- Have ready an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Melt the butter and honey together. Whisk the graham cracker crumbs and butter mixture together until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the mixture evenly into the tart pan, pressing up the sides to form a crust. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Bring the heavy cream, honey and whiskey to barely a simmer in a small pot over low heat. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and completely smooth. Pour into the crust, smoothing the top. Place in the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate has set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
This will last for up to 5 days, well wrapped in the refrigerator.
If desired, dust the top with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309
Nutritional information is only an estimate.
What is honey whiskey?
I used Seagrams 7 Honey Whiskey, but you can always use whatever you have on hand!