July is national ice cream month! Wahoo. I have several recipes to share with you this month that I am excited about. Ice cream, as you probably know by now, is my all-time favorite dessert. I could eat it daily if my waistline wouldn’t disagree with me.
This recipe is a wonderful change up of the typical ice cream. No heavy cream! Just coconut milk. A totally awesome healthier option in my opinion. It is creamy and delicious. I amped up the raspberries because in my opinion, there weren’t enough! A perfect treat to beat the heat.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream
This creamy, dairy free ice cream is a wonderful alternative summer dessert.
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans Thai coconut milk (not the lite kind, you need full fat here!)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen), divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Place the coconut milk, sugar,vanilla, lime juice and 1 cup raspberries in a blender. Blend until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely chilled (a couple of hours or overnight).
- Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to manufacture's instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the raspberries. You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a firmer texture.
Very simple and it looks lovely, thanks for the recipe!
What a great post! I just followed you to stay updated on your future posts and I look forward to them. I recently started my own vegan/political blog, so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!http://MannyRutinel.com
Have a great day! 😀