Warning: this dip is extremely addictive and you might not want to share! Oh. my. word. Whoever invented the idea of cookie dough dip is genius! I am a huge cookie dough fan, so as soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I absolutely had to make it. It is everything it should be. Creamy, and just like cookie dough, except eggless! My favorite dipping vessel was sliced apples. Eating the dip with apples makes it healthier right? If only… This makes a great dip to serve as an alternative dessert at a party, or just a little something for yourself! I totally stayed up one night, after everyone went to bed, and ate this dip while watching re-runs of Sex and the City. A little personal indulgence!
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.
- Cream together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar for 60 seconds. With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. Taste and add more brown sugar if necessary. Stir in the chocolate chips. Place in the refrigerator until slightly hardened, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with additional chopped chocolate if desired. Serve with fruit (apple slices are great), or graham crackers.