When I bake, I like to have my ingredients as homemade as possible. I find that it makes the final product taste that much better, and if I can save a few bucks along the way, then I am happy. This pumpkin pie spice falls into that category. That little tiny container you can buy at the store always costs a fortune. It seems so silly to spend that much money on something when I already have all the individual ingredients on hand. If you have a few minutes, you can easily make up this pumpkin pie spice that you’ll be needing in your pumpkin desserts for Thanksgiving!
Recipe from Annie’s Eats, originally adapted from Martha Stewart
DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice
Always running out of pumpkin pie spice when you need it? This super simple DIY makes it so you will always have what you need, when you need it.
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and whisk well to blend. Store spice blend in an airtight container.