When I bake, I like to have my ingredients as homemade as possible. I find that it makes the final product taste that much better, and if I can save a few bucks along the way, then I am happy. This pumpkin pie spice falls into that category. That little tiny container you can buy at the store always costs a fortune. It seems so silly to spend that much money on something when I already have all the individual ingredients on hand. If you have a few minutes, you can easily make up this pumpkin pie spice that you’ll be needing in your pumpkin desserts for Thanksgiving!
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and whisk well to blend. Store spice blend in an airtight container.