Garlic hummus is one of our favorite snacks. My husband requests it quite frequently. It’s one of those satisfying dips that is very accommodating to many vessels. It’s healthy, bursting with flavor, and filling. It makes a wonderful after school snack. Creamy, garlicky and delicious. The dip will last several days in the refrigerator. In fact, it’s better to make ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld. It’s the perfect dip for a healthy snack, or to make for a get together.
Recipe adapted from The America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
Super creamy hummus that is healthy, satisfying and really simple to make.
- 2 garlic cloves*
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley (or 2 Tablespoons fresh)
- salt and pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the garlic cloves until minced. Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
*If you would like your hummus to be more garlic flavored, add another 2-3 garlic cloves