So after years of wanting a gas grill, we finally got one! We have always had a little webber charcoal grill that was always such a pain to grill on. I don’t like messing around with charcoal because it takes forever for the coals to get hot enough and usually I am cooking dinner before my husband gets home. So, with three kids, I don’t have time to be playing with charcoal. Now that getting the grill ready only involves a few switches, I am in heaven! One of the first things we cooked on the grill, was this chicken.
I love, love, marinated grilled chicken. Something about it is oh so delicious. And anything with rosemary and garlic, I am sold. This chicken has a lovely subtle flavor that would pair perfectly with basically anything! I let the chicken marinate for most of the afternoon and the flavor was perfect. Perfect to grill before the summer is over!
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. (Alternatively, you can place in a large ziplock bag.) Submerge the chicken breasts in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours, turning the chicken half way through.
- Turn the grill to high. Cover, and let the grill heat up for about 15 minutes. Grease the grill racks with oil.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat and place the marinated chicken breasts on the grill. Discard the left over marinade.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, turning and rotating half way through cooking. Serve hot.