Now that it is sometimes warm, we have broken out the grill for the season. I am super pumped to be grilling again. Chicken is one of my favorite things to grill. The possibilities are endless. Marinades are my favorite. I am alway trying different recipes. This marinade is a particular favorite. It is so easy, but so delicious. You can’t go wrong with rosemary and lemon!
I usually mix up the marinade late morning, or early afternoon, then let the chicken sit in it, rotating every hour or so, until dinner. The longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor will be. And, even better, you can use any part(s) of the chicken! I have marinated legs and thighs, and I am sure chicken breasts would be fabulous as well. This is definitely something you want to throw on the grill this weekend!
Recipe adapted from Great Food Fast, by Martha Stewart
Grilled Tuscan Chicken
This grilled chicken is healthy and perfectly seasoned. Serve with a big side salad for a simple yet satisfying summer meal.
- 3-4 pounds of desired cuts of chicken (you can do a mix or all of the same cut)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 Tablespoon dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken, in a large measuring cup. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour into a large bowl or ziplock bag. Submerge the chicken and place in the refrigerator. Let marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to 6 hours, turning every hour or so.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, saving the remaining marinade to baste the chicken with. Cook the chicken, basting with the reserved marinade until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately.