Photos updated February 2020
Breakfast is probably one of the best meals of the day because you can totally get away with eating dessert. And it still counts as a real meal. I mean really- cinnamon rolls, pancakes, waffles…. A total win-win in my book! These cute little mini puffed oven pancakes are no exception. What is with mini things that all of a sudden become 10 times cuter? It’s a fun mix up of regular ol’ pancakes. And they are adorable to boot. Super easy to mix up and pop in the oven. If I have heavy cream in the fridge, I can’t resist making whipped cream. And of course, thawed fruit puts it over the top in my book!
I am in total love with this recipe. My kids love it. And it is a perfect way to use up that extra whipped cream from the angel food cake roll… They are light and delicious. These would be super easy for a breakfast or brunch party. You could easily bake these before people arrive, then keep them in the warming oven or in a basket covered with a cloth and place the toppings in bowls alongside. Perfect!
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- maple syrup
- Place a mini muffin pan on a cookie sheet (for easy removal), then place in the oven and preheat to 400ºF. While oven is heating, place flour, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and quickly spray the wells with non-stick spray. Fill the muffin wells 3/4 full with batter. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and slightly golden on top. Remove puffs and place on a plate or platter. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if using. Serve immediately with whipped cream, maple syrup, fresh fruit, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59
Nutritional information is only an estimate.