This No-Churn Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream is incredibly creamy and irresistible. With the perfect balance of chocolate and coffee, this easy recipe will be hard to resist! No ice cream maker required to make this dreamy summer treat.
I’ve nearly missed National Ice Cream month! July has been a whirlwind and I’m in total denial of having to go back to work in less than 2 weeks. So I am trying to soak up the last minutes of my summer, especially now that it’s actually starting to feel like summer.
We’ve been having a hot end of July. Hot, in Alaska standards is like 75º. I know it’s not as bad as the lower 48, but it’s definitely unpleasant. So, to help beat the heat, let’s eat ice cream!
This simple No-Churn Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream is really easy to make, and it doesn’t require having an ice cream maker! A win-win for sure. It’s super creamy, smooth and quite irresistible. Gather your ingredients and let’s begin!
What you’ll need to make the No-Churn Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream
- heavy cream
- granulated sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- semi-sweet chocolate
- instant espresso powder
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
How to make the no-churn ice cream
Start with melting the chocolate. Gently bring the heavy cream to a simmer, then pour it over the chocolate and espresso powder. Let the heavy cream melt the chocolate for a few minutes, then whisk until smooth. Let the mixture cool completely.
Once the chocolate mixture is cool, whisk in the sugar and coco powder. Then, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form with the vanilla extract. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and pour mixture into a freezer container. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze overnight before you can eat it!
Notes & tidbits
I generally use Dutch-processed coco powder, but whatever you have on hand will work just fine.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 Tablespoons coco powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- Chop the chocolate and place in a heat-proof bowl with the espresso powder. In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, bring the heavy cream barely to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Let cool completely.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, whisk in the coco powder and sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or with a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream/chocolate mixture and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form on medium-high speed, about 5 minutes. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze, covered, overnight, or at least 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302
Nutritional information is only an estimate.