This No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream is incredibly creamy with occasional bites of toasted marshmallows, chocolate chunks and graham crackers. It’s the perfect treat to cool off with, without having to sit around a hot fire.
Happy National S’mores day! Apparently that’s even a thing. I am way behind on the national food days, but this one I was actually prepared for! This No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream is the perfect dessert to celebrate today with. It’s incredibly creamy, really quite simple, and doesn’t require any special equipment!
This no-churn ice cream is filled with mini toasted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chunks of chocolate. It may not be as gooey as a real s’more, but hey, it’s ice cream! The hardest part of this ice cream? Waiting for it to freeze overnight. Gather your ingredients and let’s celebrate National S’mores Day!
What you’ll need for the no-churn s’mores ice cream
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- granulated sugar
- mini marshmallows
- semi sweet or Hershey’s chocolate
- graham cracker crumbs
- vanilla extract
Let’s make it!
Start with toasting your marshmallows. Spread the marshmallows out on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil. Either toast them with a kitchen torch, or place them under the broiler, watching very carefully. Once toasted golden brown, place the whole tray in the freezer.
While the marshmallows are freezing, chop up the chocolate into small, bite sized pieces. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a bowl with a hand held mixer, beat the whip cream, sugar and vanilla extract until medium peaks are formed. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, graham cracker crumbs, chopped chocolate and cooled marshmallows, just until everything is combined. Folding keeps the mixture light and airy, which in return, makes a creamy ice cream that doesn’t freeze rock hard. So, folding, not stirring, is important!
Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container. Freeze overnight before serving.
Simple, fabulous and the perfect summer dessert!
Notes & tidbits
You can use regular sized marshmallows, just chop them up into smaller sizes.
If you don’t have a kitchen torch or broiler in your oven, simply toast your marshmallows with your favorite method, making sure to chill before using.
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces semi sweet or Hershey's chocolate, chopped
- Spread the marshmallows out on a foil lined baking sheet. Toast with a kitchen torch until gooey and golden or dark brown. Alternatively, place under the broiler, watching very carefully until toasted. Place the baking sheet in the freezer to chill.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a mixing bowl with a hand held mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract until medium peaks are formed.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the whipped cream, as well as the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate and chilled marshmallows. Fold everything in just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container. Freeze overnight, or for at least 12 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345
Nutritional information is only an estimate.