These Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies are incredibly soft and chewy with bursts of chocolate and hints of orange. These cookies are irresistible and you will want to make on repeat.
These orange chocolate chunk cookies are simply amazing. These are my new favorite cookie. They are super soft and chewy, no crispy cookies here! Chocolate chunks are scattered throughout each cookie with plenty of orange zest to give you the beloved flavor combination.
These cookies come together really quickly and easily. You go from cooking to eating in less than an hour. With subtle orange flavors and rich chocolate bites, these will become your new favorite cookie.
- all purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- oranges- just 3 medium sized
- chocolate chunks
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
How to make the orange chocolate chunk cookies
First, start with preheating your oven. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest until super smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Then, mix in the vanilla extract and eggs and mix again until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed to prevent flour flying out, mix in the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Place in the oven and bake until the edges are barely golden brown. Let cool at least for a few minutes before consuming.
See? Simple and fabulous.
Notes & tidbits
These orange chocolate chunk cookies store beautifully at room temperature in a cookie jar that is well sealed.
You can substitute chocolate chips for the chocolate chunks, but I really recommend using the chunks.
Dark brown sugar will do in a pinch if you do not have light brown sugar.
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- zest from 3 medium oranges
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy on medium high speed, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Scrape down the bowl once more.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the flour, just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop, about 2 tablespoons, onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Place in the preheated oven and bake until the edges are just barely golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets completely, before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180
Nutritional information is only an estimate.