This Peanut Butter Fudge is the easiest recipe around. With just 4 ingredients, it is incredibly simple and quick to make. No fluff or special ingredients needed. The perfect holiday fudge!
If you’re looking for the easiest fudge recipe ever, you’ve found it. Seriously, with only four ingredients, it couldn’t be any easier. No thermometers necessary, and no fluff! This fudge is dreamy, creamy and oh so simple.
I would say the most difficult part about making this fudge is waiting the few hours for it to cool in the refrigerator. This peanut butter fudge makes for great holiday gifts as it can be made well in advance and packages well. Be sure to save some for yourself!
What you’ll need to make the Peanut Butter Fudge
- unsalted butter
- confectioners’ sugar
- vanilla extract
- creamy peanut butter, not the natural kind
Seriously, that is it!
Let’s make the fudge!
Start with placing the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Melt the butter completely, then remove from the heat. Stir or whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
Now, the next step can be done in two ways. One is in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. The other is with a wooden spoon in a mixing bowl.
Place the confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Mix in the melted butter mixture until the mixture is completely smooth, 1-2 minutes on medium speed or a few minutes if mixing by hand. You want all the ingredients completely incorporated and smooth.
Next, line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease. Spread the fudge into the pan, smoothing the top. Place another piece of parchment paper over the top of the fudge, pressing down into the corners. Place the pan in the refrigerator until cooled, about 2 hours.
See? Incredibly simple!
Notes & Tidbits
Store the peanut butter fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1-2 weeks. It will eventually dry out, so make sure it stays covered!
Recipe from Annie’s Eats
Peanut Butter Fudge
This peanut butter fudge is incredibly creamy and addicting. Make a big batch for a crowd or to give as gifts. Or make a small batch for yourself to enjoy.
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly grease with butter or spray.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Place the confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Drizzle the melted butter mixture into the sugar on low speed. Increase the speed and mix until the mixture is thick and smooth, about 2 minutes. Alternatively, mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Place an additional piece of parchment paper directly on the surface of the fudge.
- Refrigerate until cool, at least 2 hours. Use a large knife to cut into desired size pieces. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe, as the natural oil separation can affect the end results.
Recipe from Everyday Annie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186
Nutritional information is only an estimate.