Well there, that title is quite a mouthful! Just like these cookies, but in a good way. Let me tell you that these cookies are oh so good. Peanut butter and chocolate together? One of the greatest combinations. These babies are soft and chewy and get-in-my-belly delicious! These are very simple to throw together and have a warm cookie in hand in no time! Unless maybe the cookie dough gets eaten before baked? Noooo, that would never happen.
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.