So, peppermint is probably one of the flavors I look forward to the most during the holidays. It has always been a favorite of mine, ever since I was a kid. Something about it is so refreshing. And, it pairs well with just about anything! Like peppermint fudge, or ice cream, or as a classic peppermint patty. That is just to name a few! Last week, I got my first real craving and excitement for peppermint. This peppermint white chocolate mousse pie idea randomly came to me when I was thinking of where to start with peppermint desserts. I searched around on the internet for some ideas, but I didn’t really like the look of the several recipes I found. Most used pudding mix, which I try to make things from scratch as much as possible. So, those recipes were out. So, I decided to make my own recipe!
In this peppermint white chocolate mousse pie, I used the beloved oreo cookie crust, because that just makes any pie better! Then, I whipped cream cheese until it was soft and fluffy. Next, I mixed in peppermint extract and melted white chocolate. To make it extra creamy and fluffy, I folded in lightly sweetened whipped cream. The filling was poured into the cooked crust, topped with whipped cream, and to finish, crushed candy canes were sprinkled over the top.
Oh my goodness. This pie is Amazing! With a capital A! It has just the perfect amount of sweetness, and it is so creamy. And the white chocolate/peppermint combination is perfect. This is a great holiday treat! And, this can be made a day in advance, so it makes it perfect to make or bring to a holiday party.
Peppermint White Chocolate Mousse Pie
This pie is amazingly creamy and minty in am Oreo crust. Perfect to serve for the holidays for guests, a party, or just for yourself!
For the crust
- 30 double stuffed Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the pie
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz. white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- crushed candy canes for finishing
- Have ready a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. To make the crust, place the oreos in a bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground, about 2-3 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin until finely ground.) Place the crumbs and melted butter in the pie plate. Mix together with a fork until the evenly combined. Using your fingers, gently press the crumbs evenly around the pie plate and up the sides. (Don’t worry about how even or neat the sides look.) Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- To make the pie, place the softened cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes. On medium speed, beat in the peppermint extract and then drizzle in the melted white chocolate while the machine is running. Beat until completely combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in 3/4 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese filling until completely combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth out the top. Pipe or spread the remaining whipped cream over the top. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight before serving. Immediately before serving, garnish with crushed candy canes.
The candy cane garnish will dissolve into the pie when refrigerated, so wait to decorate the top right before serving, if you worried about the final appearance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385
Nutritional information is only an estimate.