These Raspberry Orange Muffins are tender and light, packed with fresh orange and studded with sweet raspberries. A great summer morning muffin that goes from making to eating quickly and will brighten anyone’s day.
Ah, these light and fluffy Raspberry Orange Muffins are like a beautiful, warm summer’s day in one bite. They are incredibly tender and light. Filled with bursts of sweet/tart raspberries and a lingering taste of orange- they are the ideal muffin.
These muffins come together rather quickly, and only really use just one bowl. Also, you can use frozen raspberries if you don’t have fresh on hand! The raspberry orange muffins are a great every day muffin for breakfast or snacking. Or, they would be a welcome weekend treat with a steaming cup of coffee. Or a large glass of ice cold coffee, depending on your heat levels!
Gather your ingredients for the Raspberry Orange Muffins
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- whole milk
- vegetable oil
- oranges- zest and juice
- vanilla extract
- raspberries- fresh or frozen
Start with preheating your oven and lining or greasing muffin tins.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the orange zest and granulated sugar with your fingertips to release the oils from the zest. This helps really strengthen the orange flavor. Then, whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together freshly squeezed orange juice, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and no dry streaks remain. Gently fold in the raspberries with a rubber spatula. If you over mix the raspberries, it breaks them down and will streak the batter pink. Which in return, will not give you those lovely bites of full raspberries throughout the muffins.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full. Place in the oven and bake! If using fresh raspberries, check the muffins around 18-20 minutes. If using frozen raspberries, the muffins will be done around 25-28 minutes. Stick a toothpick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, then the muffins are done.
Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes or so before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Notes & tidbits
You do not have to use vegetable oil here- any tasteless oil will do!
You can use either frozen or fresh raspberries. Do not thaw the raspberries before using. Just be sure to check the muffins around 18 minutes for fresh raspberries and 25 minutes for frozen.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- zest from 3 oranges
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease or line 16 muffin wells. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, rub together the sugar and orange zest with your fingertips until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a glass measuring cup or separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, milk, oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until completely combined and no dry streaks remain. Fold in the raspberries with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
If using frozen raspberries, increase the baking time to 25-28 minutes.
Store any leftovers in the well wrapped in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201
Nutritional information is only an estimate.