I have been on a serious sweet tooth kick. Like, I want to have dessert after lunch AND dinner. But I am a nursing mom, so maybe I can get away with it? I guess I’ll find out. In result of wanting something sweet constantly, I have been baking a lot of desserts. The kids have definitely been having fun helping me. And I am finally trying out some recipes I have had my eye on for ages. Win!
So, I told you about my recent obsession with this caramel sauce. Since I had it on hand, I thought that this recipe would be perfect to make. Oh boy. I was not wrong. These were incredibly rich, but incredibly delicious. The chocolate is creamy with a hint of saltiness, then to top if it off, the amazing caramel sauce is hiding on the bottom. The combination is to die for. I am new to liking the sweet and salty combination, but this just added to my new profound love. If you’re not into the sweet and salty, you can opt to leave the salt out. But I recommend doing it.
Recipe from Amuse Your Bouche
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 6 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- A few pinches of fleur de sel or course sea salt
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a pan over a very low heat, stirring constantly. Add the cream, and continue to stir until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Pour around a tablespoon of caramel sauce into the bottom of six small ramekins or two tablespoons for four larger ramekins, and swirl it around a little to coat the bottom. Distribute the chocolate mixture evenly between the ramekins on top of the caramel sauce.
- Place the ramekins in the fridge for around half an hour, before adding a pinch of fleur de sel to the top of each. Return to the fridge for another couple of hours, until fully set.