This Simple Peach Lemonade is the perfect drink to cool off with. It only takes three ingredients to make, and you don’t even have to turn on the stove! Without the wait for a simple syrup to cool down, this can be enjoyed immediately. It’s sweet, a little tangy, and just the right combination of lemons and fresh peaches.
If you know me at all, you’ll know that I am not a huge beverage person. My husband and I don’t drink alcohol very often, and I rarely drink juice. But, with this intense heat/humidity this past week, my husband had been requesting lemonade. Enter this simple peach lemonade.
I had a handful of peaches going by in the refrigerator that I thought would be a perfect addition to a simple lemonade. I mean really simple. So simple in fact, that you don’t even have to turn on your stove. This lemonade is full of fresh peach flavor, which gives it its’ beautiful orange hue. Just a simple combination of fresh peaches, fresh lemon juice, sugar and water come together to make a fast and easy treat that is perfect to cool off with.
What you’ll need to make the simple peach lemonade
- fresh, ripe peaches
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- granulated sugar
- cold water
How to make it
This couldn’t be an easier process. Seriously. Start with peeling, pitting and roughly chopping your peaches. Then, squeeze your lemons until you get 1 cup of juice.
Next, place the peaches, lemon juice and granulated sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and the sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
Now, grab a large container, jar or juice dispenser. Pour the peach/lemon mixture into the container, then pour the cold in with the mixture. Shake or whisk until completely combined. That’s it! Now you can serve a large glass for yourself over ice. Refrigerate the remaining mixture, shaking or whisking before serving. If you want to be extra *fancy*, serve the drinks with a few peach and lemon slices.
Incredibly simple, only takes a few minutes and you’ll be wanting this simple peach lemonade over and over again all peach season.
Notes & tidbits
Make sure your peaches and lemons are ripe. Otherwise, the peaches won’t blend smoothly and you will have to juice more lemons to get the amount of juice you need.
A small trick with lemons- before you slice them, roll the whole lemon, pressing with the palm of your hand, over the counter to help loosen the fibers inside the lemon to make juicing easier.
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 5-6 medium lemons
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- Place the peaches, lemon juice and sugar in a food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth and the sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a large container and whisk in or shake the 7 cups of cold water to combine. Store in the refrigerator, shaking or whisking before serving.
- To serve, place a handful of ice cubes in serving glasses, shake or whisk the container, then pour over the ice. Serve immediately with peach and lemon slices as garnish, if desired.
This will last in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, just shake or whisk before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79
Nutritional information is only an estimate.