These Vegan Berry Muffins are totally dairy and refined sugar free! They are wonderfully moist and fluffy, packed full of fresh strawberries and blueberries. This recipe doesn’t require any special ingredients and it comes together quickly for an easy breakfast.
The last of the summer berries are mixed into one superb muffin that is both dairy and refined sugar free! And, there aren’t any special ingredients needed. You probably already have everything you need sitting in your pantry. These sugar free muffins are a great way to enjoy the dwindling summer berries all in one swoop. One last hurrah before Fall eh?
These berry muffins are wonderfully tender, moist and fluffy. With only 10 ingredients needed, they come together quite quickly. And, you could totally substitute your favorite fruit. Raspberries and blackberries for the blueberries and strawberries. Or even maybe peaches for the strawberries!
This recipe is wonderfully versatile and easy to mess around with, if you so desire. I am sure you could even freeze these for a future snack. Gather your ingredients and the last of the summer berries and let’s get to it!
What you’ll need to make the Vegan Berry Muffins
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup- do not use a syrup alternative, make sure it’s the real stuff!
- vanilla extract
- oil- any tasteless oil will do, such as canola, vegetable or grapeseed oil
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
That’s it! Nothing hard to find or bizarre sounding.
Start making the vegan berry muffins with preheating your oven and greasing two muffin pans.
Next, whisk together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until smooth, then whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and oil until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients. Then, fold in the berries until mixed throughout the batter.
Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling about 3/4 full. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pans from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing the muffins to a cooling rack.
Serve the berry muffins warm or at room temperature. They are fabulous with a slather of vegan or regular butter!
Super easy and fabulous! These muffins are put together and out of the oven in less than 30 minutes. A great snack or breakfast for any day of the week.
Notes & tidbits
I opted to spray the muffin wells instead of line them, simply because the berries will stick to the liners and pull out of the muffin when removed. With that said, you can use what you prefer!
Feel free to substitute your favorite berries in place of the blueberries and strawberries. Raspberries, blackberries and peaches would be great alternatives!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegetable, canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease two muffin pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract and oil. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and fold in until combined and no dry streaks remain. Fold in the berries until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, rotating the pans halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing the muffins to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Refrigerate any leftovers, well wrapped for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114
Nutritional information is only an estimate.