Soooo, my husband has this weird thing about cheese. He doesn’t really like it. I’m talking about no cheese and crackers, no lasagna (ricotta cheese is a big no no), and easy on the added cheese to any dish. And there is no hiding it either. I’ve tried.
And then here I am.
I love cheese. A little brie for a snack? Absolutely. More parmesan cheese with that dish? Load her up! The cheesier the better. Unless it’s that really stinky cheese. Like my dad likes. Ick.
Now, after saying all that, I still cook with a lot of cheese. My husband has learned to cope. Or maybe not say anything. Anyway, he at least puts up it.
This dish is cheesy, but not over-the-top cheesy. And since my husband will NOT eat ricotta cheese (that’s why I never, ever make lasagna), sour cream instead of ricotta was perfect! This is an easy, quick meal. Especially if you don’t want to put in all the effort (or don’t have the time), to make a full fledged lasagna, this is a perfect alternative. The pasta/meat lovers in your family will be very happy.
Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- 1 pound hamburger or sausage
- 5 cups bowtie noodles
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce of your choosing
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1/2-3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hamburger and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, making sure to break up any large chunks.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in the bow-ties and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and put back into the pot. Toss with the olive oil. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Then fold in the cooked hamburger, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese and sour cream. Turn the heat to low and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Add more seasonings to taste. Serve warm.