In honor of tomorrow being national Pi day, I just had to make a pie. I am not much of a math person (I resort to my husband for all number related questions), but hey, any excuse to make a pie and I am game. A chocolate and raspberry combination sounded mighty fine. But, I couldn’t seem to find a recipe anywhere that fit my wants. I wanted simple and not overly sweet. So, I decided to make up my own pie.
This pie is creamy, dreamy and divine. Not too sweet, so you still get to enjoy the slight tartness of the berries. Slightly sweetened cream cheese whipped to perfection, mixed with whipped cream, folded in raspberries all smoothed into an oreo crust. Perfection! You can easily make this pie a day ahead of time. In fact, it’s almost better the next day after the flavors meld together. This is a wonderful treat to enjoy any time of the year. (But, perhaps perfect to bring along to BBQ’s when those things exist in the hopefully not-so-distant-future!)
Island Bakes Original
Raspberry Cream Pie
This super creamy pie is in a chocolate Oreo crust with a raspberry infused filling. Creamy, almost no-bake and wonderfully satisfying.
For the crust
- 1 package Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the pie
- 12 oz. raspberries fresh or frozen, thawed, drained and mashed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Place the oreos in a bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground, 2-3 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin until finely ground.) Place the crumbs and melted butter in a pie plate. Mix together with a fork until the evenly combined. Using your fingers, gently press the crumbs evenly around the pie plate and up the sides. (Don't worry about how even or neat the sides look.) Place in the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, just until set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before filling.
- Meanwhile, make the pie filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed, until smooth and creamy, 3-4 minutes. In a separate bowl, (or another stand mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment), whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Once incorporated, gently fold in the raspberries.
- Carefully pour the pie filling into the cooled crust, smoothing off the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serve with fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Hi, I love your website – fun colours and great quality pictures. I love your food styling skills as well. I’m a fan! Gitana x
Thank you! That really means a lot to me. 🙂