Now that we have a new grill, I have been combing over grilling recipes. My favorite type is to marinate meat then throw it on the grill. It makes an easy, yet flavorful meal quickly! These pork chops were definitely up to par in my book. They are full of flavor and wonderfully tender. I served these alongside a fresh garden salad and grilled corn. Delicious! I will definitely be making these again.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4-6 pork chops, trimmed of any excess fat
- For the marinade, combine all the ingredients except pork chops in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and stir with a whisk until the brown sugar is dissolved. Cool the marinade completely.
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag, pressing out excess air. Allow chops to marinate, turning bag once or twice, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Grill chops on an oiled rack, approximately 7-8 minutes per side, or until just cooked through, basting with left over marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking (if desired). Serve hot.