Finally, the weather has broken it’s cold and rainy pattern! (At least I hope!) We have had a couple of glorious, sunny days in row. My kids and I have been basking in the sun and spending time outside as much as possible. We even managed to drag out our grill a few nights ago for the first time this season! Very exciting. Spring has had a very slow start this year, so any sunshine is welcome.
In result of these beautiful, Spring days, I had to make something to go along with my joyous spirit. I knew that I wanted it to be ice cream related. But, I didn’t want to go to the store to get the proper ingredients. Sorbet came to mind because it hardly takes anything to make! This recipe was perfect. It is really easy to make, and requires very few ingredients.
Recipe adapted from the Perfect Scoop, by David Lebovitz
This sorbet is wonderfully creamy, vegan and reasonably health. A great treat for a summer day.
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peeled
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Cut the bananas into chunks and purée in a blender or food processor with the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Then enjoy!