These Chocolate Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars are incredibly velvety. With an eggless cookie dough base and a rich and creamy chocolate cream cheese filling. These are an incredibly epic no-bake dessert. Irresistibly creamy and simple.
I am SO excited to share these chocolate cookie dough cheesecake bars with you. This is probably one of the most favorite desserts I have created in a long time. They are THAT good. And one of the most irresistible, addicting no bake cheesecake bars around. Seriously. Like I want to make these every single week. Just so I can them eat every single day.
These bars have an egg-free cookie dough crust. The kind that you just want to eat with a spoon on repeat. It’s rich, creamy and speckled with chocolate chips. That alone should be convincing enough! I don’t know about you, but I can’t resist a good egg-free cookie dough.
The cheesecake filling is velvety smooth with cream cheese, heavy cream and two kinds of chocolate. Only a few ingredients make a wonderfully smooth and creamy filling. The best part? No baking involved! The hardest part of this whole dessert is waiting for them to refrigerate all day or overnight until you can slice into them and devour. This dessert is incredibly simple and easy. And incredibly addicting.
What you’ll need
- brown sugar- I used light, but you can use dark in a pinch
- semi sweet chocolate chips- I used regular sized, but mini chocolate chips would be great as well
- flour- in order to make eggless cookie dough, you have to have flour. I promise you won’t taste it
- butter- unsalted as always
- milk- use whole milk
- vanilla extract- make sure it’s not imitation flavor
- cream cheese- full fat will yield the creamiest, richest dessert
- heavy cream
- bakers chocolate- I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate
- cocoa powder- I used dutch processed coco powder, but any unsweetened coco powder will do
Let’s make the chocolate cookie dough cheesecake bars
To start, line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
First, make the cookie dough base. Cream together the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand held mixer, until smooth and creamy. Mix in the flour, salt, milk and vanilla extract until smooth again. Stir in the chocolate chips until combined. Sample, because who can’t resist sampling? Just try to resist eating it all before it makes it into the pan. Dampen your fingers to make the next step SO much easier. With your now damp fingers, press the mixture evenly into the lined baking pan. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
Next, warm some of the heavy cream in a saucepan until barely bubbling. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until the chocolate has melted and is super creamy. Let cool for a few minutes. Grab your mixer again, it’s getting a work out today. Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the remaining cream, brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix until wonderfully creamy. With the mixer running, drizzle the melted chocolate in and mix until smooth.
To finish, pull the pan from the fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookie dough base. Place back in the refrigerator and allow it to chill for most of the day so the filling can set. Overnight is best. Slice and serve!
No water bath necessary for this simple and absolutely fabulous dessert. The hardest part? Waiting for it to refrigerate.
Other no bake cheesecake desserts you’ll love
For the cookie dough base
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the cheesecake
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the cookie dough base, in a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, light brown sugar, flour, salt, vanilla extract and milk until light and creamy on medium-high speed, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the chocolate chips just until combined. With slightly damp fingers, evenly press the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the chopped chocolate in a medium, heat proof bowl. Bring 1/2 cup of the heavy cream to barely a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate has completely melted and is smooth. Set aside to let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese in a clean bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in the remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream, light brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed and drizzle in the melted chocolate. Increase the speed and beat until completely combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling evenly over the cookie dough base. Smooth as needed. Place in the refrigerator and chill overnight before slicing into bars and serving.
Refrigerate any leftovers, well covered, up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343
Nutritional information is only an estimate.