So, this is my last pesto recipe from that amazing pesto I made recently. My new favorite! I know that a lot of people make pesto pasta, but I am a bit new to the pesto world. I am so glad to have joined it! This recipe was something I made up on a whim. It is so amazing. My daughter ate a giant bowlful, then asked for more! It is incredibly creamy, pesto-y and delicious! I could eat this daily.
This recipe makes for a wonderfully, simple and quick weeknight meal. Or a filling lunch! It takes only minutes to whip up. Great for those nights you don’t really feel like cooking, or don’t have a lot of time for an elaborate meal. I may need to go make more of this…
Island Bakes Original
- 16 oz. desired pasta (I used shells, but almost anything would work)
- 1/2 cup pesto, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and place back in the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the heavy cream in a medium saucepan until just simmering. Stir in the pesto and parmesan cheese. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Mix the cooked pasta in with the pesto, stirring until well coated. Scoop into bowls while still hot and serve with additional parmesan cheese.