These S’mores Cookies are incredibly soft and chewy. With a gooey marshmallow center, occasional bites of chocolate and an underlying tone of graham cracker. These cookies give you the ability to have a s’more every day of the week!
Are you a s’mores lover? If you’re not, I still think you’ll love these S’mores Cookies. They are wonderfully soft, incredibly chewy and filled with an ooey gooey melted marshmallow center. Irregular slivers of chocolate are in every bite, allowing you to get both small and bigger bites of chocolate. Graham cracker crumbs are mixed straight into the batter to give you an underlying hint of the beloved cracker. Should I go on?
The cookie dough comes together just like any other chocolate chip cookie, quickly and easily with your usual ingredients. The only part that takes a little extra time is wrapping each scooped cookie around a marshmallow. That’s where little hands make great help! That was my kids favorite part. (Or maybe they were just hanging around for the prospect of eating a stray marshmallow at the end.) Let’s move on to the how’s and what’s to make this iconic soft and chewy marshmallow s’mores cookie.
What you’ll need to make the S’mores Cookies
Nothing terribly new or unusual to make these soft and chewy marshmallow cookies!
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted butter
- baking powder
- baking soda
- medium sized marshmallows
- semi-sweet chocolate
- graham cracker crumbs
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
Let’s make the S’mores Cookies!
Start with preheating your oven. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside for now.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium-high speed for a couple of minutes so the mixture is light and fluffy, almost whipped-like. Scrape down the sides of your bowl. This is an important step when making cookies as it ensures all ingredients are getting incorporated. Next, mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again!
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix into the butter mixture until combined and no dry streaks remain. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the chopped chocolate, just until combined, about 30 seconds.
Now, scoop the dough with a medium sized cookie scoop, about 2 tablespoons worth. Then, take a marshmallow and press it into the center of each cookie ball. Gently fold the dough around the marshmallow so most of the marshmallow is covered. Don’t sweat about getting it totally covered, you want some of it sticking out. Place the prepared cookie dough balls on the baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
Place the cookies in the oven and bake, rotating the pans half way through, until the edges are barely golden and the marshmallow has melted, about 15-17 minutes. Don’t over bake! The cookies will be hard and brittle instead of soft and chewy.
These s’mores cookies will knock your socks off with the first bite. Soft and chewy with a gooey marshmallow center. Simple, fabulous and the iconic summer treat.
Notes & tidbits
If you do not have graham cracker crumbs, you can crush sleeves of graham crackers until you have the designated amount needed for the cookies.
If you only have jumbo marshmallows available, cut them in half before placing in each cookie.
Or, if you only have mini marshmallows, press a few into the tops of each cookie before baking.
Be sure to watch the cookies well! They can go from soft and chewy to over baked quickly. The edges should be barely golden brown and the center still soft when you pull them out of the oven.
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 42 medium sized marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line 3-4 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until light and creamy on medium-high speed, 2-3 minutes. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined, about another minute. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, mix in the flour mixture. Mix until no dry streaks remain. Stir in the chopped chocolate and mix for 30 seconds.
- Scoop the dough into medium sized scoops, about 2 tablespoons worth. Press a marshmallow into the center of the cookie, then wrap the dough around the marshmallow. Don't worry about the whole marshmallow being totally covered. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are barely golden and the marshmallow is melted. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163
Nutritional information is only an estimate.